|BigBiz FAQ Home | General Info | Domain Registration | Email | FTP | Scripting | Site Design||Contact Us|
How do I set up FTP in Dreamweaver?
Go to Edit > Preferences.
- Click on the Site FTP category.
- Make sure both Dependent Files checkboxes are clear.
- Make sure the Firewall Port is 21.
- Click OK.
How do I set up a site in Dreamweaver?
Here is a step-by-step procedure for setting up a site definition in Dreamweaver. In these examples, we assume the site being set up is www.test1.com.
Go to File > New Site. You will be greeted with the following screen:
- Make sure Local Info category is selected.
- Enter a name for the site in Site Name.
- Enter the directory on your hard disk where the web files are found in Local Root Folder.
- Enter the URL of the site in HTTP Address. All unqualified links in your web pages will have this address appended.
- Select the Web Server Info category.
- In the Server Access drop box, select FTP. The remaining text boxes will appear.
- Enter your FTP Host name (test1.com).
- Enter html as the Host Directory (unless your site is going into a subdirectory under html).
- Enter your Login (test1) and your Password into the appropriate boxes.
- Select the Site Map Layout category.
- Enter or browse in your home page (the page that is loaded when someone browses to www.test1.com). This is usually index.html or index.htm.
- Press OK.